CMBC Racing season starts in August and ends in May. With a 2 month break during June and July to ensure your boats are ready for the new season.
|Joining Fee||FREE - Just bring your boat, let's race !|
|Annual Membership fee **||R 600 per season (excludes SAMPBA membership)|
|Race day participation (Members)|| R 150 for the first boat entered, R 50 for an additional boat with
a maximum of R 200 for the day
|Race day participation (Non Members)|| R 200 for the first boat entered, R 100 for an additional boat with
a maximum of R 300 for the day
|Second/Backup Boat||R 100 per boat per race, fees must be paid during registration|
|Visitor's launching fees (Practice days)|| R 100 per day
(first visit free, Must be accompanied by a valid member !)
Special Note - Children or partners of a valid member only pay for Race Entry fees and DO NOT have to pay membership fees.
Racing Classes currently available
1. Offshore Sport
2. Tunnel Hull F1-style
3. Gas Offshore
- The same safety rules apply as per normal race day and is Compulsory ie.
- Launch from the designated area.
- Ensure you have your prop guards in place
- Use of life jackets is compulsory when using the rescue boat.
- Stick to the race course (clockwise direction around the markers)
A member or non-member not adhering to these above rules will immediately be asked to remove his/her boat from the water.
Race day setup
- 4 heats per class - see special note below.
- For Nitro powered boats, all heats will be 5 minutes in duration.
- For Gas powered boats, the heats will be 5 minutes in duration, except for the last heat that will be an 8 minute "endurance" heat.
- No rescue during race (Judge has discretion to freeze or stop a race depending on the situation)
- Please ensure that you fully understand the racing rules – please direct any questions to the race organizer.
- No boat will be allowed on the water during lunch.
If there are less than 4 boats on a day for a class we only run the number of heats equal to the number of boats for that class.
For example if only 2 x 7.5 F1 register for the day Only 2 heats will be raced (day position to count towards season points)
CMBC Bank Details
- Bank: FNB
- Account Name: CMBC
- Account Type: Cheque
- Branch Code: 204209
- Account No: 62 752 754 707
- Ref: Name and Surname